Oh my word. Where to begin? We are clearly going to need a travel system for the baby when it arrives, but who knew there were so many features and so many different models? The options seem to be endless!
I’ve asked around for some advice but to be honest I’m feeling even more overwhelmed. It’s been suggested I focus on our own needs and how to best address them but given that this is our first baby I’m not really sure what our needs are!
Anyway, these are some of the features people have suggested are important/should be considered:
- Good wheels – what makes a good wheel depends on the type of terrain you’re planning to roll over (who knew?!)
- Ability to both forward and parent face
- Does it recline fully?
- A decent size basket
- Avoid foam handlebars – apparently they soak up the rain!
- Does it fold in one motion?
- Will it fit in the boot of the car? (Pretty essential this one!)
- Three wheels are apparently easier to manouvre but four wheels have a bigger basket
- How easy is it to store?
Then there’s the whole other consideration as to whether it’s compatible with the car seat… and of course it has to look nice too! I think we might have to take a trip somewhere massive so we can test some out!
What’s your advice on which type of travel system to use? Have you had a dream pushchair you could recommend? Please let me know, I think we need all the help we can get!!